Monday, December 27, 2010

Explain the context "everywhere we went I had trouble of making which was I,the one walking at my side,the one walking in my pants"

This line is taken from White's essay "Once More to the
Lake."  In this essay, he is talking about how he, as an adult, feels when he brings his
son to a lake where he had really enjoyed going on vacation.  This had been his favorite
place when he was a kid.


As he brings his son around the
various places, White has a hard time separating himself from his son -- he keeps seeing
thing through the eyes of his son.  He can feel the emotions that he himself had as a
kid.  When he does that, he feels like he is part of his
son.


This is the context for the line you cite -- White is
walking along, thinking about the way things had been when he was a child, and he has a
hard time remembering which person is really him -- is he the adult walking along or is
he the child?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...