Friday, March 18, 2016

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who
were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the enormity of the horrible
situation in which they were being placed. Most of them probably could not visualize their own
mass extinction at the hands of their own fellow Germans. Anne probably did not foresee this
either, but she decided to keep a diary to document her daily thoughts and activities. Whether
she ever believed that it would be read at all is uncertain, but she could never have recognized
the power that it would eventually have over the millions that have read it. Her diary has been
translated into dozens of languages, and it's still a relevant documentation of one of humanity's
worst episodes. The fact that it is still being taught regularly in schools throughout the world
has made it a certainty that Anne Frank will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...