Thursday, March 17, 2011

Which nation emerged stronger after the Thirty Years' War?

I do not think that the 30 Years War was really good for
any nation, but I suppose that you could at least make the argument that France emerged
stronger after this war.  The Holy Roman Empire was the clear
loser.


The major reason that France emerged stronger from
this war was because Spain was hurt so badly by the war.  The Spanish Habsburgs were
hurt by the extent to which the Holy Roman Empire (also in Habsburg hands) was a loser
in the war.  This led to the French being able to dominate the Spanish in the years
after the end of the 30 Years War.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...