Friday, July 22, 2011

Can anyone help me with a topic for my sociology research paper?The topic can be about any of the institutions religion, family, education, heath,...

That leaves things pretty wide open, which I like. 
Institutions are interesting because they are both static, yet subject to change over
time.  You might want to look at the changing definition of the family, whether that be
in terms of children born out of wedlock, people living together for long periods of
time without marrying, single parenthood, or increasing popular acceptance of gay
marriage and gay adoption.


In terms of religion, you could
look at why, in the United States and some other societies, diversity of religion is
more tolerated, while in other societies it is not.  What social factors could account
for that?


For education, you could compare and contrast the
role of family and schools in socialization.  Do schools play a unique role in
socialization or do they simply reinforce that which family provides people?  The public
at large?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...