Sunday, January 22, 2012

I need to write a report on illegal immigrants and health care. This is what I have so far. I need a thesis for this report too. Thanks.Illegal...

OK, we could use a little more information, such as what
type of essay this is, and what question or prompt you are being asked.  If I assume
this is a persuasive essay either for or against illegal immigration or immigration
reform, or immigration's affect on the health care system, I have a few suggestions, in
parentheses and bold face below:


readability="32">

Illegal immigrants have serious hidden medical
consequences. (Here I might choose a different phrase than hidden medical
consequences.  To be clearer, you might say something like "illegal immigrants need
medical care and services that are often expensive to the insured and the
taxpayer"
)


We judge reality primarily by
what we see. But what we do not see can be more dangerous, more expensive ,and more
deadly than what is seen. (I would leave this out, or make it much more
specific.  You're trying to convince the reader that something invisible, which I assume
means illegal immigrants, are deadly, dangerous and expensive.  Deadly and dangerous is
going to be hard to prove without using logical
fallacies
)


Illegal immigrants stealthy
assaults on medicine now must rouse Americans to alert and alarm. (This
line implies two things: one, that illegal immigrants are obtaining medical care and no
one knows it (stealthy assaults), which is untrue, and that it is part of a conspiracy
on their part, which is at best, hard to prove.  "Must rouse Americans to alert and
alarm" is what we call an incendiary phrase, that is, it is intended to get people angry
or afraid, and this is not the best argumentative or persuasive
technique
)



readability="11">

Strong physical laborers who work hard in
undesirable jobs with low wages, who care for their families, and who wants to pursue
the American dream. (A fragment, so needs to be a complete sentence, but
also not sure how this is connected to the other parts of the essay you want to
prove
)



Please
remember that these are just suggestions on my part.  If you revise your question, or
send me a message about your prompt, I can help you more directly with your
thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...