Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I need to use each letter in the alphabet to represent something in Lord of the Flies. I need help with something for Q, X, and Y.Example: c=conch;...

What an interesting assignment, and I'd like to commend
you for doing your own work and only using us to help you when you got stuck.  I
appreciate your diligence.  These are, of course, going to be the more difficult letters
to find in Lord of the Flies, but I'll do my best;  Here
goes:


Q - Simon is the one boy
who tends to get queasy at odd times
throughout the novel.  He faints when we first meet him--something he apparently does
with some regularity--and he faints again in the incident with the Lord of the
Flies. 


X - Piggy is the only
one on the island who really wants to
eXamine each of the boys when they
first arrive on the island.  (Weak, I know, but it's better than nothing.) The older
boys eXtinguish the sand castles, Jack
eXamines pig droppings very
carefully....


Y - The boys all
yell like savages (the book refer to
it as ululating) at the end of the novel.  (Does Jack paint his
face with any yellow? Can't remember.) 


Hope this gets you
thinking, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...