Friday, June 15, 2012

Should the government fund healthcare for individuals who do not take personal responsibility for living a healthy lifestyle?

I do believe universal health care is a human right, and
that societies with universal plans tend to have better health overall.  I believe we
can also create incentives for people to live healthier lifestyles and to maintain a
healthier Body Mass Index too.  We can offer tax credits, subsidies for workout clubs or
cheaper insurance rates, even within a universal government-administered system. 
Studies have shown that people tend to respond better to such incentives anyway, rather
than punitive measures such as being excluded from health
care.


Beyond such incentives, I don't think you can really
control what people do with their lifestyles, and I also don't think that diminishes
their right to have affordable access to quality health care.  Perhaps more of an effort
to regulate food production, especially in the fast food industry and in food
processing, can have more of an effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...