Saturday, July 19, 2014

How do I solve this simultaneous equation:x+y=8 x- y=1

We'll can also solve the system of simultaneous equations
using the substitution method (instead of elimination
method).


For this reason, we'll extract x from the second
equation:


x- y=1


We'll add y
both sides and we'll get:


x = y + 1
(1)


We'll substitute x into the first
equation:


x + y = 8


y + 1 + y
= 8


We'll combine like
terms:


2y + 1 = 8


2y = 8 -
1


2y = 7


y = 7/2
(2)


 We'll substitute y in
(1):


x = y + 1


x = 7/2 +
1


x = (7+2)/2


x =
9/2


The solution of the system is the pair of
coordinates (x,y):


(9/2 ,
7/2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...