Tuesday, July 8, 2014

What were the conditions behind the Glorious Revolution?

I would say that there were two main conditions that were
behind this revolution.  They were A) the fact the England had been a Protestant country
for most of the past 150 years at that point and B) the fact that Parliament had come to
have a lot of power in the country's political system.


When
King James I came to the throne in 1685, both of these conditions caused problems to
arise.  James tried to take power away from the Parliament so that he could create a
more powerful monarchy.  He also tried to make England move towards Catholicism.  When
he and his wife had a son, the succession of his dynasty seemed secure and Parliament
decided he needed to be overthrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...