Thursday, September 13, 2012

In Charles, when does the reader realize Laurie was not telling the whole truth ?

This answer will vary depending upon the person.  Some
people may see it sooner and some may see it later.


When I
first read this story, I was suspicious very early on.  The reason for this was Laurie's
bad behavior.  The way Laurie behaved to his parents showed that he himself was a pretty
bad kid.  For example, the "look up, look down" incident might show you that Laurie is
not very respectful to authority figures.


The point in the
story where every reader knows Laurie is lying is the very end.  At this point it
becomes quite clear.  Laurie has been talking about Charles all this time and there is
no Charles.  Therefore Laurie is not telling the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...