Monday, June 17, 2013

How is it possible to have plenty of food yet be poorly nourished?

I think this all depends on what food you are eating. If
you make more bad choices (potato chips, cake, etc) and almost no good choices
(vegetables, fruits, white meats) you are more likely to be poorly nourished.  Eating
good foods like lots of veggies, fruits, & lean meats are just some choices to
help maintain a healthy diet.  You don't need to go crazy and try a fad diet...that's
not what I'm saying.


Always try to add plenty of color to
your plate! Bright green veggies (spinach, collard greens, broccoli) and yummy salad
(lettuce, cucumbers, carrots) are just two great suggestions to get you
started!


Try your best to stay away from processed foods or
preservatives.  Don't understand what I'm saying? A few examples would be pop-tarts,
canned veggies, canned fruits, & sugary cereals. Not only do these have plenty
of preservatives, but they are also packed with salt and sugar!  One way to make sure of
this is to shop the perimeter of the store (This is loaded with whole
foods).


Hope I was able to help! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...