Saturday, June 20, 2015

I've got to write a paper on illegal immigrants and my teacher wants me to "cite" my paper. I don't understand "cite."

Citing means giving quotations or extracts from other
books, articles, papers or other sources to support the information given in your paper.
The sources you use for this must be considered as
authoritative.


In writing a paper on illegal immigrants the
citing may be required to support the data on the number of illegal immigrants. For this
you may cite the source of statistics you use. Similarly, you may include in your paper
quotations from books or other sources that have described problems if illegal
immigrants or suggested solution for the same.


Please
remember that when you cite any sources in academic papers, it is usually necessary to
give appropriate reference of the sources used. There are different standards formats
for referencing, and your teacher may require you to use a particular format. It will be
worthwhile for you to find out from your teacher the appropriate referencing format to
be used.


The web site referred below describes one of the
more popular referencing styles. This site also contains links to site describing
several other referencing styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...