Tuesday, November 2, 2010

When Juliet is left wth her mother and the nurse, how do their responses about the situation differ?

Two things: Ask one question at a time and cite the Act
and scene you want and answer from. Otherwise we edit your question down to one, and
have to guess where you are asking from.


When Juliet is
left with her mom and the Nurse, Lady Capulet says:


readability="7">

Talk not to me, for I'll not speak a
word:
Do as thou wilt, for I have done with
thee.



She is essentially
saying that she is washing her hands of Juliet. She doesn't care anymore. She doesn't
want to even talk about it anymore.


The nurse is much more
compassionate demonstrating that their relationship is much tighter than Juliet and her
mother's. Juliet asks for advice and the Nurse lovingly gives advice that is genuine
based on the situation:


readability="14">

Faith, here it is.
Romeo is banish'd;
and all the world to nothing,
That he dares ne'er come back to challenge
you;
Or, if he do, it needs must be by stealth.
Then, since the case
so stands as now it doth,
I think it best you married with the
county.
O, he's a lovely
gentleman!



Juliet doesn't
like this answer, but at least it was done with care and
concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...