Thursday, September 22, 2011

What is one quote by Lennie when he is showing loyalty (page number too) in Of Mice and Men?

George and Lennie have the most beautiful relationship in
the book.  In fact, they have the only friendship.  Moreover, it is mutual.  George
cares for Lennie, and Lennie cares for George.  Since this question is about Lennie's
loyalty to George, here are a few examples. 


First, in the
beginning of the book, Lennie recounts his loyalty and friendship to George.  He says
that he will look after George and that George will look after him.  Here is the
quote:



Lennie
broke in. “But not us! An’ why? Because . . . . because I got you to look after me, and
you got me to look after you, and that’s why.” He laughed delightedly. “Go on now,
George!" “You got it by heart. You can do it
yourself.”



This quote takes
place on page eight in my edition in section one. 


The
place where Lennie shows his fierce loyalty to George most is when Crooks suggests that
George might be hurt. When Lennie, who is mild mannered, hears this, he growls.  This is
the first time Lennie gets angry.  He looks at Crooks with a menacing look and says that
no one will hurt George.  Here is the quote, which takes place on page thirty six in my
edition. 


readability="7">

Lennie growled back to his seat on the nail keg.
“Ain’t nobody goin’ to talk no hurt to George,” he
grumbled. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...