Thursday, October 18, 2012

Which type of monitor (LCD or CRT) is of higher quality?

This depends on what you mean by "quality."  If you are
talking simply about the quality of the images that can be viewed on the monitor, then I
would say that a cathode ray tube has higher quality than a liquid crystal
display.


As you can see from the link that I have attached,
CRT monitors are able to show much better images than LCDs.  They are, for example, able
to show colors in a way that is much more faithful to reality.  This is a major aspect
of quality.


If you have a broader definition of quality,
however, LCDs may be more competitive.  If quality includes portability and weight and
such, then LCDs have a huge advantage.  They are also less likely to
flicker.


So there are many benefits and drawbacks to each
-- follow the link for much more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...