Wednesday, October 3, 2012

How would you write a directional statement about Scout's attitude towards Boo?I am also considering a thesis about Scout growing in maturity from...

Your question had a couple of typos, so I am trying to
understand where you want to go with this. I am making a best
guess.


Every thesis should take a stand or position. You
seem to want to write about how Scout's attitude toward Boo over time demonstrates a
growing maturity in her.


I think this is a statement
already written with direction or position if you ensure that you frame it from an
optimistic or positive viewpoint. For example, "In Harper Lee's To Kill a
Mockingbird,
Scout's experience with Boo Radley moves from a childhood fear
to adult understanding of people and their
circumstances."


You can use some of Atticus' words
throughout the book about learning to stand in someone else shoes. In the beginning of
the book Scout struggles with this in reference to Miss Caroline. At that same time her
concept of Boo is a scary bogeyman. By the end, Scout stands on his porch imagining the
care and effort he put into the children without their even
knowing.


I hope this helps and puts you on track a
little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...