Monday, July 22, 2013

Was the period from 1815 to 1828 truly the "awakening of American nationalism" or was it the birth of sectionalism?The label"the awakening of...

From your question, it is clear that this is a DBQ and we,
of course, cannot see the documents so we will not be able to help you with
that.


If I were to answer this without being able to see
documents, I would rely on two main things -- the Missouri Compromise and the Tariff of
Abominations.  Both of these fit into your time frame.


The
Missouri Compromise itself, of course, did not promote sectionalism -- it tried to avoid
it.  But the fact that a compromise was needed shows that sectionalism had started to be
a big deal during this time period.


The passage of the
tariff showed that the two sections were really quite opposed to one another.  It showed
that the North was willing to pass a law that it believed in but which the South thought
was completely contrary to their interests.


So I would
start with those and then look at the documents and try to find support
there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...