Thursday, July 25, 2013

What is Montag’s dilemma as Montag sees it?I dont have any clue what the dilemma that they are asking is

To me, Montag's main dilemma in this story is how to get
the life that he wants to have.  How will he be able to have a life in which he can care
about other people without getting in trouble with his
society?


Almost from the beginning of the story, we see
that Montag is not satisfied with the emotional part of his life.  He does not feel that
he and Milie have a true relationship, for example.  He wants that to change -- he wants
to truly care for other people and to have real relationships with them (sort of like
Clarisse did).


But Montag's society does not really allow
for such things.  People who try to act like that are liable to get themselves killed
the way that Clarisse seems to have.  So, to me, this is Montag's dilemma -- how to make
life worth living without ending up actually dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...