Sunday, September 29, 2013

How should I write a thesis for how color is used throughout The Great Gatsby?This is for a literary analysis, and I know what colors I want to...

It sounds like you have a good start. You have already decided
what the colors are that you are focusing on and what each one means. The thesis should be a
statement about the colors and how Fitzgerald used them in the story to tell the reader something
important.


The introduction of an essay is often the hardest part to
write. The thesis is meant to guide what you are going to focus on in your essay. It can be a
sentence or two, and it should be clear and consise.


When I write a
rough draft of an essay, I try not to get stuck on the introduction. Instead I often just write
the thesis, finish the paper and then go back and refine my
introduction.


Make sure that you tell the reader specifically what
Fitzgerald was showing the reader. Try not to be vague. What was he trying to accomplish by using
colors? What did they symbolize? If you start here, you should be able to write the paper. When
you are done, you will be able to refine your thesis and introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...