Tuesday, September 8, 2015

What can be done to reduce bullying in the future?

There are many efforts to prevent or reduce bullying that are
being carried out in schools across America.  I would say that most of them revolve around a
couple of ideas.


First, there are efforts to teach kids to stand up
for themselves instead of allowing themselves to be bullied.  These efforts encourage kids to
resist whenever they see bullying happening -- no matter who is being
bullied.


Second, there are efforts to encourage all kids (including
the bullies) to empathize with others.  The most interesting one I've heard of is one that brings
infants into classrooms and makes the kids help take care of them.  This helps the kids be in
tune with the feelings of others and makes them less likely to bully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...