Monday, October 26, 2015

What does "off topic" mean?

If something is off topic it is not related to the subject
or topic that it is supposed to be discussing.


There are a
number of different situations where you might encounter this phrase, but it basically
always means the same thing.  For example, if I assign a student to write an essay on
freedom of speech and he starts to write about how the US government is spending too
much money, I will tell him this is off topic.  He was supposed to write about freedom
of speech, not about how much the government is spending.  Someone can also introduce a
subject that is off topic in an oral discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...