Tuesday, November 3, 2015

French Revolution: What were the advantages and disadvantages of the revolution for the different Estates?I don't have to explain the causes of the...

One of the primary tenants of the new French Republic was
reason, or rationalism. Spirituality didn't exactly fall into this category, and the First Estate
was subsequently dealt some pretty heavy hits. Revolutionaries wanted nothing to do with what
they saw as a greedy and omnipresent regime. Churches and other institutions were effectively
razed and a good number of priests found their heads rolling at the hands of the Republic.


That's the First Estate.


Hope an
expert can answer your question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...