Saturday, November 14, 2015

Did any details in "The Most Dangerous Game" demand that you suspend your disbelief?

I, too, found several things a bit unbelievable--or perhaps
unrealistic--even in the context of a rather outrageous story. "The Most Dangerous Game" is an
implausible tale in almost every way, but I find the fact that Ivan has been treated so cruelly
yet stays with General Zaroff to be a bit much. I understand it to some degree, but even the fact
that he gets to be cruel to others does not seem a compelling enough reason for him to
stay.


I also find it a bit unbelievable that Rainsford does not do
more to get out of the situation before the actual "hunting expedition" begins. He is certainly
crafty enough and capable enough, and he is fighting for his life, after all.  Why does he not do
more to avoid the confrontation? All that being said, though, I still find this a satisfying
story to read and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...