Sunday, August 10, 2014

What is culture?

Wow... this is a huge question.  As you can see from the
link that I am providing, there are a lot of ways that you can define
culture.


To me, culture is the sum of all the things that
most people in a society believe and do.


When you think
about it, that covers everything, right?  It includes how much and what kind of clothing
we wear.  But it also covers what we eat and what sporting events we watch and how we
behave when we do those things.  It includes what sorts of religious values we hold. 
And it goes down so far as to what sort of beds we sleep on. In other words, it includes
everything.


Culture, then, is pretty much everything about
a society -- everything that is common to the majority of the people in a
society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...