Thursday, October 23, 2014

Why SHOULD the Speaker of the House be second in line to succeed to the office of the President?

In my opinion, the main reason for this is that the House of
Representatives is the "people's house."  It is the part of government that is closest to the
people.  This was especially true back in the days when Senators were not elected by the
people.


Clearly, the person who should be first in line is the vice
president.  But after that person, who?  It makes sense to me that it should be the leader of the
House.  The members of the House are elected more often than Senators.  They are supposed to be
the members of government most in tune with the opinions of the people.  By having the leader of
this house be third in line, we send the message that the will of the people is what is most
important in our system of government.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...