Saturday, August 29, 2015

Who can give me a summary of what "Shooting an Elephant" is about?I have to write a summary over "Shooting an Elephant" but I have 3 more papers to...

Shooting an Elephant is mostly a series of metaphors for
the way that George Orwell feels/felt about both the larger circumstances of Great
Britain's role as the occupier in India and his own role within the structure of that
occupation.


The entire tale of the tracking of and then the
shooting of the elephant bring out some of the futility of the British effort to control
the Indian populace while knowing that there is no love lost between the colonizers and
their colony as well as zero effort or capability to actually relate to or interact in
normal ways with the populace at large.


As he feels
terrible frustration at his own incompetence in trying to bring down the elephant and
the inevitability of the populace eventually taking care of things and cleaning up the
mess, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...