Sunday, March 11, 2012

Please can someone give me five quotations to support Macbeth being a villain in Macbeth?I need 5 quotes from the play with a brief explanation of...

Quotations from the play that support Macbeth as a villain
depend on the reasons WHY the reader thinks that Macbeth is a villain in the first place. Once
this is established, then quotations can follow as support.


For
example, if I believe that Macbeth is a villain because he plots to do harm to the people who
trust him, then I might choose a quotation from Macbeth's soliloquy in Act 3 Scene 1. At this
point in the play, Macbeth fears that the witches' prophecy will also come true for Banquo, and
Macbeth is angry that all the deeds that he has done so far will only benefit Banquo's sons in
the end. So Macbeth says, "Rather than so, come fate into the list, and champion me to th'
utterance" (III.i.74-5). Macbeth hopes that fate will be on his side so that he will end up
victorious. Here, he plots to have Banquo and Fleance murdered to secure his place on the throne,
and this makes Macbeth a villain in the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...