Friday, March 23, 2012

what transitional expression was added to the last sentence? please help me and no b.s =) THANK YOUFirst Draft I have always loved to perform. My...

The transitional expression in this case is, "Even more." Up to
this point, the person has been talking about performance in general. After the sentence, "Even
more, I loved the laughter that came from the audience," the focus of the paragraph shifts to the
more specific aspects of the person's performance, i.e. humor. Words of addition are transitional
expressions, so phrases like even more, also, and, as well, furthermore, etc. all can serve as
such. "Even more" in this case takes the already stated idea that the person enjoyed having an
audience and provides the additional information that the main thing about having an audience
that (s)he enjoyed was the audience's laughter, which then ties it into the next part about the
humorous skit (s)he performed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...