Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Act 4 scene 5, how does Lord Capulet show regret for this daughter's death?explore the way in which he personifies death during this episode of...

If you recall, the last time Capulet spoke to his daugher,
it was with great anger and he pretty much told her to get out if she wasn't going to
marry Paris, so when he speaks the lines:


readability="14">

Ready to go, but never to return.
O
son! the night before thy wedding-day
Hath Death lain with thy wife. There she
lies,
Flower as she was, deflowered by him.
Death is my son-in-law,
Death is my heir;
My daughter he hath wedded: I will die,
And leave
him all; life, living, all is
Death's.



He is demonstrating
great regret and compassion as now he refers to her again as his daughter which includes
her in their family. He speaks with great emotion.


This
passage also personifies death as the new suitor which has claimed Juliet as his wife.
This passage demonstrates Juliet was important to him and now she is gone in the arms of
Death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...