Monday, January 19, 2015

In the following list, where is the second statement the negation of the first?I. The Canucks won last year.The Canucks lost last year. II. A...

The   negation  of a proposition p
is notp.


So if the propsition p is true
, then  the propoitio notp is not true.


If the proposition p is not
true ,then notp is true.


The truth table of P and not is as
folows:


p      
notp


T        F


F       T.


Therefore
applying this to the pairs of staments given we easily determinne:


 
I. The Canucks won last year.
The Canucks lost last
year.


The second stement is negation of the first , as it
negates the truth (or false ) of the
first.


II. A rhombus is a trapezoid.
A trapezoid is not a
rhombus.



 The first statement value is F. The  second
statement is true. But it  is not the negation of the first , but
the negation of  the proposition a trapezoid is a rhombus.


III. A
square is a rectangle.
A square is not a
rectangle.



P is true , p is not true form.
So this a
negation
.


Answer:

 e)
I and III
is correct choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...