Sunday, December 2, 2012

I need an example of a sentence using the word inscription.

The word "inscription" is usually used to mean something that is
written or carved or printed on to something else. It is usually meant to commemorate some event.
So we would not call all the stuff that is written in a book an "inscription." However, if you
give someone a book for graduation or some other event like that and you write something like "To
my best friend ever: don't forget me when you go off to college," that is an
inscription.


Inscriptions are things that are often found and used
by archaeologists. You could make any number of sentences about inscriptions that archaeologists
might find. For example: "The archaeologists struggled to make sense of the inscription that they
found on the tomb."

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...