Monday, December 24, 2012

What national security policies seems to be most necessary for our president to respond at the present time?

It still seems to me that the most pressing problem facing
the US (in terms of national security) is the potential for terrorist attacks.  I do not
foresee any actual nation attacking the homeland of the United States in the near future
and so that leaves terrorists as the major threat to Americans within the US.  Now, does
that mean our president needs to "respond?"  I'm not sure.  Our last two presidents have
been responding, but I suppose that further responses are needed since I do not believe
that we are safe from attacks.


I'll cite two other
potential risks.  Long term, there may be a risk of China becoming too strong.  But they
do not have the military power to threaten major US interests at the moment.  We may
need to respond to their economic and other "soft" power,
though.


Finally, if the drug wars in Mexico start to spill
over into the US, that could be a serious threat to certain areas of the
country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...