Monday, December 17, 2012

Please explain any bias in this article.http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/11/14/mexico-hotel-explosion.html

In my opinion, there is not really any bias in the way
that the article is written.  That is, the article does not really use any words that I
think are trying to persuade the reader to take any particular point of view.  However,
I think that you could argue that there are a couple of ways in which the article is
biased.


First, the article mentions only Canadians.  This
is not surprising given that it's a CBC article.  However, this can be seen as bias --
it is making it sound as if only Canadians are important.  (This is very common to news
outlets and is not just a Canadian thing.)


Second, the
article seems to be trying to show the Westjet company, and possibly the resort as well,
in a good light.  It gives the Westjet spokesman a chance to portray his company as the
good guys -- he gets to say that they care only about the safety of their
customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...