Monday, December 17, 2012

what is ponyboys personalitty like

Ponyboy Curtis is a member of the Greasers, who are members of
their town's low and middle social classes, as opposed to the Socs, who are members of the upper
class and enjoy its privileges.  Ponyboy is the youngest of the three Curtis brothers; Darry is
the oldest and Sodapop is the middle child.  His status as the youngest child dictates a great
deal of his personality, including his inability to understand Darry's love for him and his
immaturity regarding some matters, such as respecting his well-intentioned, but sometimes
misdirected, guidance.


In addition, Ponyboy is a self-described
"loner" who exhibits a great deal of sensitivity and artistic tendencies.  Despite the often
difficult nature of his relationships with his brothers, Ponyboy loves them deeply and idolizes
them to some extent.  Ponyboy is highly intelligent, but often fails to think reasonably or
realistically.


readability="9">

...sometimes I just don't use my head.  It drives my
brother Darry nuts when I do stuff like that, 'cause I'm supposed to be smart; I make good
gradesa nd have a high IQ and everything, but I don't use my
head.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...