Thursday, December 27, 2012

From what physical handicap does Silas suffer in Silas Marner?

I don't know that I would necessarily call it a
"handicap," but the problem that Silas has is that he is sort of "hunched over," if that
makes sense.  He was a weaver by profession and therefore spent a lot of time crouched
over his loom, which left him with a crooked back.  He also has kind of intense, creepy
eyes, and looks older than he really is (though these aren't really "handicaps" in the
true sense of the word.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...