Saturday, February 23, 2013

Were the Mongols bent on world domination? Why or why not? please use these links to answer...

Neither of the links that you provide addresses this
question directly.  You are left to infer the answer from what is actually
said.


To me, the best evidence that comes from either of
these links comes from the one that I've attached below (the mongolia-attractions one). 
In that link, there is a long discussion of the mother of Kublai Khan.  She clearly
intended for her sons to rule large areas.  I do not know if this constitutes a desire
for "world domination" (it's a strange term to use anyway given that the Mongols clearly
could not have dominated the whole world even if they had wanted to), but it is clear
that she, at least, believed that the Mongols should rule large
areas.


She showed her ambitions by having her sons, for
example, learn languages other than their own.  She also taught them to try to get along
with and understand people of various religions.  Both of these things show that she
meant for her sons to rule large areas.


That is the only
answer I can see in either of the links you attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...