Friday, September 5, 2014

Given I = Integral x^n/(x^n+1) demonstrate that I

We'll write the definite integral of the
function:


Int x^ndx/(x^n+1)(x=0 to x=2) = Intx^ndx/(x^n+1)(x=0 to
x=1) + Int x^ndx/(x^n+1)(x=1 to x=2)


Since n is natural,
then:


x^n < x^n + 1


x^n/(x^n +
1) < 1


We'll integrate both
sides:


Int x^ndx/(x^n + 1) < Int
dx


Also, Int x^ndx/(x^n + 1) < Int x^n
dx


Intx^ndx/(x^n+1)(x=0 to x=1) + Int x^ndx/(x^n+1)(x=1 to x=2)
< Int x^n dx(x=0 to x=1) + Int dx(x=1 to x=2)


Int x^n dx(x=0
to x=1) = x^(n+1)/(n+1) = 1/(n+1) - 0/(n+1)


Int x^ndx =
1/(n+1)


Int dx(x=1 to x=2) = x = 2 - 1 =
1


Therefore I = Int x^ndx/(x^n + 1) < 1/(n+1) +
1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne&#39;s goal of wanting &quot;to go on living even after my death&quot; fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn&#39;t get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...