Saturday, December 26, 2015

Find the point P(0,a) if it is midpoint A(2,5) and B(b. 3).

To find the mid point M of (x1,y1) and (x2,y2) we use the
formula.


Mx = (x1+x2)/2.


My =
(y1+y2)/2.


We have to find P(0, a)  which is the mid point
of A(0,5) and B(b,3).


We use the same formula to determine
P(0, a) or the y coordinate  Py = a  and the x coordinate Bx =
b.


Therefore Px = 0 = (Ax+By)/2 =
(0+b)/2.


0 = (0+b)/2


2*0 =
0+b. So b = 0.


Py =  a  = (Ay +By)/2 = (5+3)/2 = 8/4 
=4.


Therefore a =
4.


Therefore  a = 4 and b = 0 .

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...