Sunday, July 15, 2012

I need help with my A Thousand Splendid Suns essayIn my English class, we were required to read A Thousand Splendid Suns; she has now assigned an...

This is a pretty good start for your paper.  It is my
thought that you should give specific examples as to how Mariam is constantly
disappointed by the men in her life.  Her father, her husband, her husbands friends. 
The comparison can also be drawn as to the country of Afghanistan and how she, as a
nation continues to endure the ravages of political wars and invasion by other
countries.    You can compare Miriam with Laila.


readability="9">

"The two main characters are Mariam and Laila.
Mariam is a more traditional woman, raised ten years or so before Laila. Mariam is also
more subservient than Laila, having had little education and a mother who constantly
berated her."



Look at the
differences between the lives of the two women but also look at the way they are alike. 
Even though both women are abused, they each handle that abuse in totally different
ways.  Then consider what happens to Mariam and to Laila.  Consider what happens to
Afghanistan and how the survival of the nation is much like the survival of the strong
willed woman. Also consider the daughter and how she is even more strong willed as a
young woman that her mother ever was. 


I have included
several links which I hope will be helpful for your research.  Good
luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...