Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Regarding The Crucible, Act 1, how far do you think we should go to keep Chuch and State separate?

In my opinion, we do a pretty good job of striking a
balance here in the United States right now.  I think that governments should not be a
reflection of the dominant religion in their society, but I do think that it is not
fatal to have some acknowledgment of religion.


For example,
I would hate to see a government in which religious leaders get to make all the laws.  I
do not want to go back to a time when you couldn't have your store open on Sunday, for
example.  I would not want to have my kids being taught someone else's religion in a
public school.


On the other hand, I have no problem with
the idea of using the word "Christmas" in a school.  I don't mind calling it "Christmas
Break" or a "Christmas Program."  I think there is nothing wrong with acknowledging that
most people in the country are Christian as long as we don't force others to do anything
serious in the way of having to adopt Christian beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...