Wednesday, July 1, 2015

What is a main conflict from Chapters 6-8 in The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton?

To me, the most important conflicts of these three
chapters involve Johnny.  One is between Johnny and another person (his mother) and one
is between Johnny and nature (the fire and its effects).


I
think that the conflict between Johnny and the fire and its effects is the most
important.  It is so important because Johnny is going to end up dying after his
struggle and his struggle and death will have such a huge impact on
Ponyboy.


The conflict between Johnny and his mother is
important for similar reasons.  It emphasizes what a tough life Johnny has had and makes
us (and Ponyboy) sadder when he dies.  It will also help lead to Dallas's
death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...