Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Which of the following characteristics do you think are important to the field of social work?Characteristics: protecting rights basic agent for...

"Social work" covers a broad spectrum of career choices,
it seems to me--and all of them are difficult in a lot of ways.  There isn't much money
in this kind of work, from what I understand, so someone who wants to be successful over
the long haul in social work has to have one thing more than the others, I think--love. 
This is a word I translate into passion, as well.  Love/passion for the people
themselves, for helping, for problem-solving, for keeping confidences when it's
required, for advocating.  All of the qualities you list are essential to being an
effective social worker, it seems to me; however, without genuine love and passion for
the people and the work, I'm not sure one could last in this career.  It would just be
too exhausting if all one sees are numbers and files and
problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...