Friday, April 29, 2011

In The Humming-bird, how do I defend Alan's actions in Chapter 3?

Since I have not read this book, I am going to treat your
question as an essay question since you asked How to go about it.  First of all, you
need a list of Alan's actions or things he has done throughout chapter three. Can they
be categorized into two or three main ideas?  For example, does he have many of  the
same kind such as verbally abusing people or lying to people to protect his own
feelings? Once you have the actions you wish to address, then think about how you feel
about his actions.  Are there any or good reasons for his actions?  What caused his
actions that would make anyone or someone like him act this way?   Think of possible
defenses as if you were part of the story and as if you were Alan.  If you put yourself
into the action, it may help you think more clearly about how you could defend yourself
as Alan.  Then, write your defense using clear examples from the
story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...