Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Why might have the society become so violent?

In my opinion, this society became so violent because it
became dehumanized.  People stopped caring about each other -- they stopped seeing one
another as human and so people became "fair game" for
violence.


When you look at this society, you see that
people do not care about each other.  For example, Montag and his wife are really not at
all in love.  Millie's friends don't seem to really care about their families either. 
Families like the McClellans are completely rare.


If you
stop caring about other people, what is to stop you from being violent towards them?  I
think that you will look at people and see them as objects -- just things for you to
treat however you like.  Once you see them in that way, violence towards them is no big
deal -- it's just another form of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...