Thursday, August 16, 2012

In the Boy in the Striped Pajamas what would be an emotional quote concerning someone's appearance?

One of Bruno's favorite memories was the plays his Grandmother
would help them perform during the holidays.  On Christmas Day, before their move,Father wore his
new uniform for the first time. The whole family applauded when they saw him. This was the
uniform of the Commandant of the place they were headed.  Other soldiers seemed to respect him
more when he wore it. Grandfather was very proud of his son, but Grandmother was not impressed at
all.  In fact, she was ashamed of him.  She says "That's all you  soldiers are interested in
anyway....looking handsome in your fine uniforms. Dressing up and doing the terrible, terrible
things you do.  It makes me ashamed." (pg 92)  However, she really gets upset a little later and
says, "And to see you in that uniform makes me want to tear the eyes from my head!" (pg
93) Grandmother stormed out of the house, and they never saw her again before she
died. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...