Thursday, January 24, 2013

How can I distinguish between animal and plant cells easily?I have a test coming up and I have been studying but my memory is bad. I was just...

Parts that both have in common include: cell membrane,
nucleus, nucleolus, ribosomes, golgi apparatus, cytoplasm, peroxisomes, vacuoles,
endoplasmic reticulum. However, there are organelles particular to plant cells. The cell
wall which is non-living and protects the plant cell and provides a structural framework
on the outside of the cell is one organelle found in plants, not animals. Also, the
chloroplasts which contain the pigment chlorophyll which allows plant cells to absorb
sunlight and carry out photosynthesis are unique to plant cells. The vacuoles in plant
cells are very large and can store materials such as water. Animal cells have an
organelle called the centriole which aids it during mitotic cell division. Plant cells
do not have the centriole. The vacuoles are much smaller in animal cells. If you
memorize the parts unique to either plant or animal cells and remember that all the
other parts can be found in both, it may simplify things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...