Sunday, January 27, 2013

What do you think the benefits of the decision are for the Texas vs. Johnson case?Supreme Court Case

In my opinion, the major benefit of this case is that
freedom of speech has been advanced.  Other than that, I cannot really think that there
are any real benefits.  (Of course, protecting a major right is clearly a major
benefit.)


One of the major principles of free speech is
that even speech that is very offensive must be protected.  If we only protect popular
speech, we have very little real freedom of speech.  When the Court made this particular
decision, it helped to illustrate this point.  I think this is the major benefit of this
decision.


For a similar case, follow what happens as the
Court decides what to do about the church that has been holding offensive protests at
soldiers' funerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...