Saturday, January 5, 2013

How would I go about making a poem out of Lord of the Flies?

If your teacher has not specified that you must create a certain
style of poem for this assignment, I would suggest that you consider writing a bio poem.  I use
this style of poem in conjunction with different stories and novels that I teach, and my students
seem to enjoy writing them.  I have included a link to a website that gives examples and
line-by-line instructions for creating a bio poem.


As you write, try
to imagine yourself as the character you're writing about.  Doing so will give you insight into
details that you may choose to include and will help you to interpret events, settings, and other
characters in a manner relatively true to the character you choose.  Including an appropriate,
colorful background (if allowed by your instructor) will add to the power of your written
words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...