Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Before Curley's wife leaves, what does she notice about Lennie?Chapter 4

Curley's wife notices that Lennie has a bunch of bruises
on his face. Being Curley's wife, she has also likely noticed that Curley had some
problems with his hand. She likely put two and two together and figured out there was a
fight. We know this from these two quotes:


readability="8">

"Where'd you get them bruises on your
face?"


She turned to Lennie. "I'm glad you bust up Curley a
little bit. He got it comin' to him. Sometimes I'd like to bust him
myself."



She used this
situation with Lennie and the other guys to show Lennie a little bit of appreciation.
Even though the guys try to tell her a story about Curley getting hurt in a machine,
this added detail with the bruises on his face prove to her that the two men were
obviously in some kind of tangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...