Monday, October 28, 2013

What may we infer from this comment ? (quote below)O'brien says " This drama that I have played out with you during these seven years will be...

Furthermore, I think you can infer that the passion and
effort of the Party at this point has such weight, and such staying power, that it will
never be conquered.


Orwell set out to create a horrifying
image of a Party that could control not just the rights of people, but the very thought
and will of them. This positions O'Brien with the ability to portray this growing evil
of the Party. I would also infer from this segment of the text that the strength of the
Party is just going to keep getting stronger.


They have
every intention of eradicating the innate human ability to will and think for oneself.
For people in Julia's generation, it will be easier to believe in the power of the Party
because it is trained and engrained from birth. For each generation after, it will
happen. But for those who like Winston fail to keep their ability to think to
themselves, they will suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Anne's goal of wanting "to go on living even after my death" fulfilled in Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl?I didn't get how it was...

I think you are right! I don't believe that many of the Jews who were herded into the concentration camps actually understood the eno...